Man alive… a girl goes on (hard-earned, by the way) vacation for two weeks and, in addition to facing the 1,027 work Emails which will have arrived in my inbox tomorrow, gets tagged for not one but two memes! Sheesh!!
But I do like Clarabelle quite a bit, so I will indulge her curiosity. However, Clarabelle, in exchange, I am tagging YOU for the meme sent to me by Amy, which you can find right here. All guid? heh heh
In the interval, here are my responses to Clarabelle’s meme:
1) What was I doing ten years ago?
Skiving off attending the second year of law school, and working three jobs to pay for my beer tab tuition. Those jobs were: doing data entry at a hospital fundraising department, slinging beer at a student pub, and tying up and whipping men for big bucks. Not necessarily in that order.
I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up at that point. I still don’t, but at least I’m using the law degree, more or less.
2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today/tomorrow:
– get highly irritated by cell-phone wielding SUV driving maniacs
– go for plenty of smoke breaks to catch up on all the work gossip while I’ve been away
– scheming about where I can buy a rock polisher to fix up all my ocean rock booty from vacation
– have a coupla three Keiths
– decide what next I should knit in the face of having lost motivation on all the WIPs
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Anything involving the words “potato” and “chips” (or “crisps”, for my British friends) in the same sentence. Oh, and of course… spinach and broccoli. Can’t forget that
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
– Quit my job immediately (and by the way, all those ones who win the multi-millions and say their lives won’t change and that they will still work at WalMart or wherever? I don’t believe it).
– Buy the entire shoe inventory of John Fluevog in my size and others (to give to friends)
– Get my hands on to the entire world inventory of Tilli Tomas swarovski crystal silk
– Buy a waterfront property in each of the following locations: Greece, Cape Breton, Australia
– Acquire enough smalti mosaic tile, stained glass, yarn and needles to keep me busy for the next ten years at least, and also a sewing machine and a really guid camer
5) Places I have lived:
Kingston, Ontario. About 17 locations in Toronto, Ontario. Ho-HUM.
6) Jobs I have had:
Dishwasher in a breakfast joint. Library page in the Kingston Public Library (where I got asked to leave after the probationary period as I was too “rowdy” and “distracting to the other pages”). Waitress. Bartender. Doughnut slinger next to a Greek Jehovah Witness Hall in Scarborough. Various boring office / data entry gigs. Translator/interpreter (not as interesting as that might sound). Dancer. Library page at the law school. Dominatrix. Articling student. Legal secretary. Articling student again. Lawyer of last resort at the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal. Legal clinic lawyer. Legal researcher.
7. Peeps I want to know more about:
All of you!!! So, if any of you want to grab this meme and do it on your blog, please do let me know when you post your responses. I don’t think that I should tag anyone specifically at this point… except, well, perhaps Amy in heartfelt thanks for tagging me earlier.
3 thoughts on “yet another meme!”
Hey, my son was a page at the library I worked at! The only reason he didn’t get asked to leave was because I worked there – poor kid got caught reading while he was supposed to be shelving. : )
Dancer? Dominatrix? Blimey, woman… a bit more interesting than my old rubbish. Any photos for proof?!
I posted my answers – go ahead on and have a look.