My second Tomato was as enjoyable a knit as the first…! EVERYONE should knit one!
Pattern: Tomato (Wendy Bernard) in No Sheep For You
Yarn: Mission Falls cotton (black); Cottonlicious (pink); Kerzner Super 3 mercerised cotton (discontinued – orange) and Berocco Suede (big stripe) – approx 320 g total.
Needles: 4.5 mm and 4.0 mm
Start Date: 12 August
Finish Date: 13 August
Time spent: 11 hours approx.
– not too much to say about this pattern except that I love it! (for my other one, see the Sidebar under Finished Knits 2007)
– this one knitted up a bit tighter than the other one (which was made with 100% Mission Falls – I was surprised at this (but not unhappy!)
– the Cottonlicious is almost identical to Mission Falls and also made in Canada…
– I’m really sorry the Super3 is discontinued.
– This was all made with stash materials…
– my colour inspiration for the Tomato was the “Nina Blanket” by Phyllis in Mason-Dixon Knitting (below)… I wish I could have made my mother’s Nina (see sidebar – 2006) in that scheme but, alas, her decor wouldn’t comply!
– my only modifications: I did 2k1p rib all around (which I prefer to the 2×2), and
the stripe across is in reverse stocking… in Suede! 😉