At least, it’s the last Christmas gift other than for myself…!
It’s the blanket based on the Nina shawl pattern in the MDK book – except I-cord edging, no ruffle and and I-cord border. Thanks to Phyllis for a lovely pattern – and despite some low-level cursing at the time, the chequerboard was worth the effort.
See below for specs if interested.
(b) just about finished (colours here are truer as in natural light)
Yarn: Super 10 Butterfly (mercerised cotton, 125 g = 230 m)
in colours sunflower, chestnut, chocolate, paprika and unnamed [I call it light chocolate]
Needles: Addi Turbo (first time using them, and I loved it!)
Size: 52″ long by 42″ wide
(and why is it that I weigh in metric but measure in imperial anyway? Hmm. I MUST be Canadian!).
3 thoughts on “Last Christmas gift FINISHED!!!”
Very nice blanket. I like the I-cord edging! How did you like knitting with this yarn?
Your blanket it gorgeous. I’m new at making larger pieces like blankets or afghans — would you mind sharing what length Addi’s you used in order to support all that fabric? I know that there are Addi circulars up to 60″ long. Thanks! –Jennifer
thanks for your comments!
For Jennifer: of course I wouldn’t mind sharing! Unfortunately have tossed the package the Addi needles came in. However, I just measured them and tip to tip they are 30″ or 77 cm. These were more than long enough. Dunno what sizes they ordinarily come in (I bought from my local LYS where they only had the one size) but these ones were just long enough to support this blanket (which was 240 sts. on 4 mm needles). For more security (I found I ended up dropping some sts due to needles being a bit short) you might want to go longer).
As well, I hear great things about the Denise needles (interchangeable cords).
Hope this is helpful!